GET ON A CAREER PATH
Help taking the next step
We can help you finish school, get into post-secondary school and kickstart your career.
If you’re under 30, we’ll help you achieve an education and reach your career goals – whether you need to graduate high school, want to pursue a post-secondary education, or learn a trade and find apprenticeships
The HSBC Youth Opportunity Fund provides grants to current and former Crown Wards for programs that will help you get into school or start a career.
To be eligible for funding you must meet the following criteria:
- A current or former Crown ward; applications from youth served by a child welfare agency in the Greater Toronto Area are encouraged (Children’s Aid Society of Toronto, Catholic Children’s Aid Society of Toronto, Native Child and Family Services of Toronto, Jewish Family and Child Service of Toronto, Peel Children’s Aid Society, Durham Children’s Aid Society, Halton Children’s Aid Society, York Region Children’s Aid Society, or Pape Adolescent Resource Centre)
- Under 26 years of age; applications from youth under 30 will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Able to demonstrate that the course or program you are enrolled in is directly relevant to and will assist you in pursuing a realistic career goal
- Able to demonstrate that no other funding sources are available for your program
The HSBC Youth Opportunity Fund covers the following programs:
- Tutoring for college or university
- Vocational assessments or career counseling (applicants must be referred by a child protection worker)
- Short-term courses or apprenticeships related to your career goals
- Application fees or preparation courses for graduate programs
- High school upgrading or academic bridging programs
- Secondary to post-secondary transitional programs
- Other programs that will help you achieve your career and academic goals
Questions? Email Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We get it, managing money is tough. This simple online program will help you learn how. To be eligible, you must be under 30 and a current or former Crown ward – and if you’re under 18 you’ll need a referral from your social worker.
You’ll need to pre-register here and then you’ll receive instructions via email.
Questions? Email Nicole at email@example.com.
Do you need a paid summer job? Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada is partnering with employers in a range of sectors in the Greater Toronto Area so you can get experience and gain new skills to help you reach your career goals.
Our internship program can help you!
- Gain valuable work experience and earn money over the summer
- Be paired with a mentor at your place of employment to provide guidance and support throughout the internship
- If you are not successfully matched with an internship you’ll have access to pre-employment support
Ready to apply?