We are accountable to our community.
Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada is a charitable organization registered under the laws of Ontario. Our charitable registration number is 108076480RR0001.
We subscribe to the Ethical Code of Fund Raising Practices of the Association of Fundraising Professionals and Imagine Canada, and we are committed to ethical practices in every aspect of our work.
Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada operates in accordance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation. We safeguard our donor information and do not trade, share, rent or sell the information. Personal information collected is transferred into our donor database for tax receipting, stewardship and donor solicitation purposes.
Further information on privacy and your rights in regard to your personal information may also be found on the website of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada accepts gifts restricted to a specific purpose provided the Foundation or its child- and youth-serving agency partners can reasonably use the gift. To ensure we are balancing the needs of the children and youth we serve with realizing the philanthropic goals of our donors, Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada will allocate 15 per cent of all restricted donations to its general fund.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life.
To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors to the Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada have these rights:
- To be informed of the Foundation’s mission, of the way the Foundation intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the Foundation’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the Foundation’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that the Foundation may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
If you would like to update your personal information or change the way you would like us to communicate with you, please contact us at email@example.com or 416.923.0924