HELP US REACH OUR $10 MILLION GOAL
Right now, children, youth and families involved in the child welfare system are in crisis. Please donate or fundraise to support them.
The impacts of COVID-19 have been devastating, leading to:
- Sudden unemployment, and food and housing insecurity for many already living at or below the poverty line.
- Deeper anxiety, loneliness and fear resulting from social isolation.
- Heightened underlying mental health issues stemming from childhood abuse for youth who have aged out of child welfare, some as young as 18. For families, this is escalating substance abuse and instances of domestic violence in homes with kids.
“Some of my friends are getting help from family with groceries or meals or bills, or even money, but I don’t have a relationship with my family. There’s no one looking out for me but me.”
– JESSICA, former youth in care*
*Name and identity are protected.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
We are deeply concerned for the immediate well-being of families, children and youth impacted by this crisis, and the longer term repercussions these vulnerable populations will have to endure.
To respond to their most urgent needs across the country, Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada launched two funds as part of our national COVID-19 Response Program:
- The COVID-19 Support Fund for Former Youth in Care
- The COVID-19 Child & Family Support Fund
We have a $10 million fundraising goal. You can help us get there.
Give to support Families and Children OR Former Youth in Care
Fundraise for the Support Fund for Former Youth in Care
HOW YOUR GIFT OR FUNDRAISER MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Your gift or fundraiser will:
• Secure access to basic necessities such as housing, food, critical mental health support and e-learning technology.
• Provide direct financial assistance to caregivers to help them meet the immediate needs of children and youth, including at-home educational activities like science kits, food vouchers, and respond to specific requests for emergency funds on a case-by-case basis.
• Allow flexible funding to help us quickly respond to new challenges such as the need of child welfare organizations for technology solutions that enable families to stay connected to vital supports.
What these troubling times have shown is our humanity and generosity. Your help will have a meaningful impact.
Interested in supporting Children and Families specifically in Toronto? Click here.
EMERGENCY COVID-19 APPEAL SUPPORTERS
Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada wishes to express its thanks to the following benefactors who have made gifts to the Emergency COVID-19 Appeal. We are extremely grateful to all our donors for making a significant commitment to vulnerable children and youth across Canada.
This list represents commitments made from March 20, 2020 – June 15, 2020.
Mark Daniels and Andrea Weissman-Daniels
Linda and Bob Goldberger
Atlas Partners LP
BlackRock Asset Management Canada Ltd.
The Canavan Family Foundation
Richard and Darleen Falconer
James C. Johnson
The Robert G. Kearns Foundation
Fred and Donna Leslie
Marg MacLean and Dave McCann
Dr. Jeremy Sturgeon
Julie and Scott Werry
Martina Borchardt and Family
John and Diane Gibson
The Lindy Green Family Charitable Foundation
David Leith and Jacqueline Spayne
Andrew and Jessica Maciel
Robin Pascoe and Rodney Briggs
Jim Shenkman and Denise Zarn
Toronto Life-Spring Christian Fellowship
Townsend Family Foundation