ELEMENT FLEET MANAGEMENT YOUTH CAPITAL PROGRAM
What is the Element Youth Capital Program?
The Element Youth Capital Program provides current and former Crown Wards with various education and employment supports that will assist you with achieving success in your career.
Element Youth Capital Program – 5 Components
High School Completion & Post-Secondary Support
To help you graduate high school and pursue post-secondary education and apprenticeships
- Interested in attending a Campus Tour or high school completion supports? Contact Asifa Malik at 416-462-1010 X 26 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interested in applying for a Scholarship or Bursary? Click here.
Financial Literacy Online Training
The Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada, in collaboration with the Prosper Canada Centre for Financial Literacy developed an online financial literacy training for youth transitioning out of the child welfare system so they are better able to successfully manage money and debts, and to begin building assets.
The course consists of 6 modules covering the following topics: Budgeting, Banking and Financial Services, Saving, Credit Basics, Debt, Debt Repayment & Creditors
- Learners will take a short quiz at the end of each module, and a summary quiz at the end of the course in order to encourage full participation
- Participants will receive an electronic certificate of completion when they have finished the course
- Participants will have 3 months from the time of registration to complete the course (extensions may be given on a case-by-case basis in exceptional circumstances)
- Under the age of 30 (for youth 18 years of age and under, a referral will be required from a child protection worker)
- A current or former Crown (permanent) Ward with a Canadian child welfare agency, or youth eligible for Continued Care and Support for Youth
- Motivated to gain the skills, tools & knowledge to better manage your money
- To register for the training, youth must pre-register with the Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada using our online application portal.
- Once pre-registration has been completed, you will be contacted via email with steps on how to register and begin the online training
- For more information please contact Fatima Gardaad at 416-923-0924 X 248 or email@example.com
TO PRE-REGISTER: Click here
Pre-Employment Skills Training
Connects you with employment counsellors, vocational assessments, or existing programs and supports that prepare you for all aspects of employment and employability
- Interested in accessing pre-employment supports? Contact Asifa Malik at 416-462-1010 X 26 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Internships & Mentoring
Do you need a paid summer job? The Children’s Aid Foundation is partnering with employers in a range of sectors in the Greater Toronto Area and will do our best to identify internship opportunities that will help you develop skills to achieve your career goals
THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Gain valuable work experience and earn money over the summer
- Be paired with a mentor at your place of employment to provide guidance and support throughout the internship
- If you are not successfully matched with an internship you’ll have access to pre-employment support
TO APPLY: Click here
Entrepreneurial Skill Development
Youth interested in starting their own businesses will be connected to entrepreneurial training supports that will provide mentorship and skill development opportunities that will help launch their businesses
- Interested in starting your own business? Contact Asifa Malik at 416-462-1010 X 26 or email@example.com
Are You Eligible for the Element Youth Capital Program?
Eligibility varies depending on which of the 5 components you access which includes:
Core Eligibility Requirements:
- Are you a current or former Crown Ward or eligible to receive Continued Care and Support for Youth funding?
- Are you under 26 years of age? Youth under 30 will be considered on a case by case basis
- Are you motivated to: finish or attend school? Get a job? Or want to start your own business?
Additional Eligibility Requirements (when applying to scholarships & bursaries):
- Are you able to demonstrate that the course or program you are enrolled in is directly relevant to and will assist you in pursuing a realistic career goal?
- Are you able to demonstrate that no other funding sources are available for your program?